Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Welcome to my new blog!

Well, I said this on my Facebook, but I'll repeat it here for those who got here by some other means.  I'm a person who really enjoys fashion and the idea of expressing myself through clothing and accessories, but for a long time I've worked in very informal professions.  For many years, I worked at a water treatment plant and in the past couple years, I've worked in the lab and in the field for the US Geological Survey.  Neither water treatment nor field science is the place you want to wear your cute shoes or killer jacket, and the money's never been stellar.  So, fashion is really more dreaming for me than reality.  This blog is going to be a way for me to be able to express my creativity and fantasies about how I would dress if I had any money for it and anywhere to wear it.

I also want to be able to help people out, if they want my help, so also, I might give some pointers about how to dress your body type and tips on things like mixing patterns or places to buy trends for less.  Also, on another note, I wear plus sized clothes, and I know how hard it can be to be really trendy and cute when you wear plus sized clothes, so most or all of the fashions I post will be available in plus sizes.  Some of them might be available in standard sizes as well, but some won't.  I'll try to include a few words on why I chose the items and what sort of similar items might work to complete the looks, and sometimes I might do posts that feature "looks for less" or something to that effect.

But, that's it.  The first few posts are just sort of fantasy outfits that I'd like to put together.  Window shopping online without buying anything is my way of exorcising my shopping demons in a way that isn't harmful to my pocketbook.  Maybe someone will be able to benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment