Thursday, March 5, 2015

Ms. Holloway, if you please.

I don't wear a lot of dresses.  I fantasize about wearing dresses, but I'm so short it's sort of problematic wearing dresses.  They make me look shorter, I think.  Also, the waist always hits me at slightly the wrong place.  I like maxi skirts and maxi-dresses, but I always want cute outfits with flirty dresses.

The dress here is the Dance Floor Date Dress from Modcloth.  $60. 

The shoes are also from Modcloth; All Walks of Life Wedge in nude $50.  I love a patent leather nude shoe.  Also, a low wedge heel is nice way for someone who's not used to wearing heels wear a little heel without it being too painful.  And a peep-toe.  Swoon.

The purse I found on Etsy.  It's vintage and there are a bunch of these vintage patent leather black satchel bags on there.  They range around $25-35.  So fun.

Black fishnets are a nice, fun touch of fantasy.  You can find plus sized fishnets all over the place, starting around 10 bucks.

The watch is vintage, from Etsy.  This particular one from HerbysCloset is $36, but there are hundreds of these vintage bracelet style watches on Etsy for a variety of prices.  I know watches aren't really a thing people need these days, but it's so mid-century.

The brooch I found on ebay.  There are lots of these vintage brooches floating around out there.  Scale is important.  Between 1 1/2 and 2 inches is a good size for this look.  It's easy enough to find these for $15 and under.


2 comments:

  1. Wear would you recommend wearing the brooch? I've never acessorized with brooches so I'm not sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the traditional place to wear a brooch is over the left breast, I would probably try there. With the bow being on that side, it might get in the way. I'd probably try it close to the neckline on the left and if the trailing end of the bow got in the way, possibly pin it down using the pin. But, if that made it look cluttered on that side, I might move it to the other side, look in the mirror and see what I thought of it.

      Delete