Friday, March 6, 2015

Office Romance

This is a work appropriate outfit with lots of sweet, romantic touches.  I'm never totally sure how a bracelet works while wearing a long sleeved jacket, but you might take the jacket off sometimes when wearing this, and the outfit works well without it, too.

The shirt is from Modcloth.  It's called the Lacy Afternoon Top and goes for $35.  I like the colored lace and the interesting neckline.  Also, shirts that skim the body are nice.  I think a lot of plus sized clothes wind up looking like tents, but don't be fooled.  That sort of thing makes you look bigger, not smaller.  Clothes that are closer to the body around the torso are good, and if they show a few lumps and bumps that you don't like, try a little camisole slip underneath to help smooth things out, or even a foundation garment (like spanks) if you can deal with how that feels.  I don't mean wear stuff that's too small, just wear stuff that fits.

The pants are Style and Co. Plus sized wide leg Pants from Macys $33.  They're that trouser cut that I mentioned a couple posts back that hit at the hip and go straight down.  It creates the illusion of a long leg-line and also I find it very chic for office wear.  I like a charcoal trouser.  I find it very dressy. The day I looked up these pants, they were actually on sale for $23.

The jacket is the Faux leather peplum jacket from Torrid and goes for $71.  My friend, Adrienne got it on sale there when the jackets were 2 for 1, so keep an eye out.  I've come out against peplums in the past, but this one is subtle and also if you need a little shape, it really helps, and makes your waist look narrower.  Plus they give this black leather jacket a little bit of a romantic look.  I love this jacket.

The shoes are CL by Laundry Hartley Wedge pump at DSW for $40.  Clearly I have a weakness for a peep toe wedge.  I love the black and white floral print.

I found the necklace on Etsy.  It's just a simple gold pendant necklace, and there are lots of them like it on Etsy.  I chose this one because it has a sweet sort of filigree look.  It was from Manet Jewelry on Etsy for $21.  You can also find some cute gold pendant necklaces on JC Penney's website for $10 and up.

The earrings I really like.  I found them on Etsy from a seller called Manolo Jewelry.  They're called Abanico Red Earrings and go for $23.  But, you can get the Liz Claiborn Sunset Drop earrings at JC Penneys which are a similar color for $7 on sale right now.

The Bracelet is from one of my favorite jewlery places on Etsy.  Stavroula makes this Pearl and Ivory Bracelet and it goes for $19.  But, you can get the Liz Claiborn White Stretch Bracelet from JC Penneys for $12, instead if you want to save a few bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment