Saturday, March 28, 2015

Springtime in Paris

The weather's been so nice, I thought something colorful, casual and light today!  Maybe it's the Spring coming on, but I'm a little bit in love with this outfit.  I like the colors a lot, though I might choose a bigger pink purse.  I just like pink, though.

The top is the Hold the Francophone Top from Modcloth.  $30.  It's a nice color and looks comfy and the text on the front is cute and fun. 

Gloria Vanderbilt Avery Rail Straight-Leg Jeans from J.C.Penney's. $31.  It's a dark denim with a straight leg and I thought some Gloria Vanderbilt jeans were a nice 80's flashback.

The Pearl and Ivory Bracelet from Stavroula I've shown before, so you could reuse it here.  $19.

The scarf I found on ebay.  It's something very lightweight so it'll make a lightweight, floaty and voluminous bow.  The print on the scarf is whimsical and the color and lightness of the fabric is romantic, for Springtime.  I struggled for a long time with wanting to wear scarves, but not being quite sure how to tie them gracefully.  So, here's a link explaining how I would tie this one with this outfit.  The internet knows everything. $7.

The jacket I found at Torrid.  I almost used the gray asymmetrical jacket from Too Cool again, but with the big, slouchy shirt, I felt like wearing a jacket with some structure was important.  It'll give some shape and moto jackets are flattering, generally, in my experience.  Plus, the faux leather adds a different texture element and also it dresses it up more than a slouchy cotton jacket over a slouchy cotton shirt. $79. (This weekend, jackets are buy one, get one half off at Torrid.  They seem to have good, regular sales online)

The Purse is from J.C. Penney's.  It's a wristlet, which is tiny.  Looking back, I should have looked for something bigger, but what's important is the pop of color.  Specifically the bright pink.  If not with the purse, you could go for a brighter pink bracelet or a bright pink headband or sunglasses or earrings.  $21.

The shoes are again from DSW.  The Aldo Precia Flat. $50.  This is a shoe that you can get a lot of wear out of, too.  Metallics are a nice way to do neutrals, it adds a little something interesting, and flats are easy to wear and comfy but look good for office wear, and can be worn with a variety of clothes like skirts or jeans or a suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment